The Ultimate Camping Guide for
Your Next Outdoor Adventure!
Use this camping guide to help you get the most out of your next trip in the woods. Camping is a great way to experience the beauty of nature and escape the hustle and bustle of our busy world.
Whether your trip is a family vacation or a solo getaway, there are many resources here to guide you along the way.
If you’re just starting out, you’ll find helpful ideas and tips throughout this site. It’s loaded with lessons-learned from boy scout trips, family camping weekends, as well as survival and first aid skills accumulated over years of military field-exercises.
For example, you’ll learn…
- How to make a tasty dinner using a campfire & tin foil
- Navigation tips when you lose your compass or GPS
- Where to find clean water when your canteen runs dry
- How to pick the best site for your tent
- What to pack…and what to leave behind
I hope this camping guide sparks some ideas and helps you plan your trip. There’s also a lot of useful information on wildlife, trees, and plants that can be helpful for educational trips, scavenger hunts, and just surviving in the elements!
Camping with kids?
There are many pages here with campfire songs, games, outdoor activities, fun ways to track animals, and much, much more.
A family adventure in the woods is a great way to show kids the natural world around them. From the variety of wildlife to the many stars of the night sky…video games can’t hold a candle to Mother Nature!
Our world is an amazing environment just waiting to be explored. If this is a family outing that you’re planning, your kids will have a great time! And you’ll have fond memories that will last a lifetime.
Are you already a seasoned camper?
If so, you may benefit from the wilderness survival section or information on first aid. This part of the camping guide was designed for the more hearty adventurers that chose to venture miles from civilization.
Backpacking or hiking?
Check out the camping gear pages for product and equipment reviews to help you lighten your load without sacrificing too many creature comforts along the way.
I hope that you find what you’re looking for and that it helps make your trip that much more enjoyable. Use the site map to assist you in finding what you're looking for.
Also, to stay up-to-date on all of the latest camping tips and information, subscribe to the free site blog (below).
- Camping Blog
- The Camping Blog is loaded with new information on camping activities, crafts, wilderness information, equipment reviews, and survival skills. Check it out...
- Camping Checklist
- This camping checklist was put together to help you plan for your next outdoor adventure, whether it be a family camping trip or a long-term trek into the wilderness. Best of luck!
- Camping Tips
- Have you ever gotten a tip that saved you hours of time & frustration? These camping tips were compiled to hopefully do just that....
- Camping Gear
- With so many choices out there, choosing the right camping gear can be a real challenge. Use these tips and product reviews to help you make the best decisions for YOU...
- Gifts for Campers
- Here are some great gifts for campers from reputable vendors in the outdoor product industry. Many of these items are favorites or successfully tested products...
- Camping Activities
- Having a few good camping activities up your sleeve can really add to the fun of your camping trip! Here are some ideas to keep you and your explorers happy on your next adventure...
- Camping First Aid
- Packing a camping first aid kit and knowing how to use it is an essential element for a fun and safe trip. Here are some recommendations as you put together your first aid kit...
- Camping Games
- Organizing a few camping games can be a fun way to keep the young campers occupied and out of the tents! Here's a list of ideas from campfire songs to treasure hunts to keep them busy...
- Camping with Kids
- Camping with kids can be a fun and inexpensive family vacation. From morning hikes and fishing trips to evening games and treats around the campfire, camping is fun for the whole family.
- Camping Recipes
- The camping recipes below are some great tasty meal ideas while on your outdoor vacation. Some of the best memories forged while camping will be the meals shared together around the campfire.
- Animal Tracks
- Here is a nice guide of animal tracks that you might see on your next camping trip or hike. Once you know how to identify them, let your woodland sleuth adventures begin!
- Wilderness Survival
- Wilderness survival skills can be very important if you plan to go an extended hike, camping trip, or expedition.
- Knot Tying
- Knot tying is a nice skill to have in the woods. Whether you need to secure a tent, tarp, hammock, or make a fish net, here's what you need to know...
- Types of Trees
- There are literally thousands of types of trees that make our outdoor surroundings as beautiful as they are. Here is a tree identification chart to help you discover Mother Nature's gems...
- Campsite Setup Tips
- Use these campsite setup tips to help you choose the right spot for you and your campers. These lessons learned will help keep you safe & dry…
- Smart Home Experiment
- Our smart home experiment will encompass renewable energy generation, energy storage options, and will test concepts on how to be smarter in managing our home's energy use.
- Camping Field Guide - Site Map
- The following is the list of content pages for the Camping Field Guide. Check back often, as this site will continue to expand!
- Contact Us
- The Camping Field Guide was created to help others by sharing our outdoor experiences and ideas. We welcome any tips, ideas and criticism that might have.
- Camping Websites
- Here are some useful camping websites to help you find campgrounds and other information for your next trip.
- The Roasted Marshmallow
- The Roasted Marshmallow is a FREE monthly newsletter that will help you put s'more fun into your next outdoor adventure. Sign up here...
- Nature and I: My Story
- Since a boy, nature and I have had some great adventures together. I'd like for my kids to enjoy the outdoors as I do. Here's my camping guide to help those on the same mission...